Experiences of an American woman who was married to a Serb.

Monday, July 6, 2009

My Serbian Husband Returns the "Eww!" Favor

In order to make sure this blog is not entirely one-sided, with an American wife getting grossed out by my Serb husband's eating habits, I think it's fair to mention that most Americans like to eat sweets with meat. Such as:

- Mint jelly with lamb
- Applesauce with baked ham
- Highly sugared tomato ketchup with burgers
- Cranberry sauce with turkey and smoked salmon

In addition, if you've lived in the UK, you probably enjoy a chutney-and-cheese sandwich now and then. As sold in all the train stations.

All of which, as a good Serb, my husband finds disgusting to a degree nearly beyond words.

3 comments:

Ira said...

I'm with him on this one. The food combo that bothers me the most is bacon and pancake syrup. I just don't get it.

Unknown said...

don't forget pineapple on pizza. a definite Serbian no-no.

Jordan said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today, and I'm DYING of laughter because my sister and I (we're Serbian) were literally JUST talking about how absolutely nauseating the thought of mint jelly on lamb...or cranberry "jelly" on turkey is. Your blog is cracking me up, and anything that reminds me of my family makes me smile, so thanks!